- pandas.read_feather(path, columns=None, use_threads=True, storage_options=None)[source]#
Load a feather-format object from the file path.
- pathstr, path object, or file-like object
String, path object (implementing
os.PathLike[str]), or file-like object implementing a binary
read()function. The string could be a URL. Valid URL schemes include http, ftp, s3, and file. For file URLs, a host is expected. A local file could be:
- columnssequence, default None
If not provided, all columns are read.
- use_threadsbool, default True
Whether to parallelize reading using multiple threads.
- storage_optionsdict, optional
Extra options that make sense for a particular storage connection, e.g. host, port, username, password, etc. For HTTP(S) URLs the key-value pairs are forwarded to
urllib.request.Requestas header options. For other URLs (e.g. starting with “s3://”, and “gcs://”) the key-value pairs are forwarded to
fsspec.open. Please see
urllibfor more details, and for more examples on storage options refer here.
New in version 1.2.0.
- type of object stored in file